In many people’s minds, there is no difference between a grab bar and a handrail. However, there is a distinction between the two safety devices. A handrail exists to help someone who is at risk of falling while moving around indoors or outdoors.
Grab bars, especially grab bars for the elderly or disabled, are installed to offer assistance for a person moving from a sit-to-stand, sit-to-sit, or stand-to-sit position.
Benefits of Grab Bars
There are numerous situations where a grab bar can be a significant benefit to users.
- Bathtub Grab Bars for Elderly Persons – You do not need a significant physical limitation to find a grab bar useful. Some elderly need extra support to make transitioning in or out of a bathtub more manageable and safer.
- Grab Bar for Disabled Toilet – These grab bars are essential for many people. Transferring on and off of a toilet when there is a mobility issue can be difficult and dangerous.
- Grab Bars for Unexpected Needs – Sometimes, a member of a household with modifications suffers an injury. In these cases, grab bars that are already installed can make recuperating from an injury easier and safer.
Grab Bar Installation
We can install grab bars for several uses. These include:
- Near a bed to help with sitting up
- At a wheelchair accessible toilet
- At a bathtub to help transitioning
Why You Should Choose AccessAble Home Modifications
At AccessAble Home Modifications, we proudly offer our clients dedicated service from professional mobility experts. After 7+ years in business, and scores of satisfied customers, we confidently promise our team will work efficiently and carefully to make sure your modification meets our high standards.
All of our design plans are reviewed by a registered occupational therapist, and we use Universal Design plans and products. This ensures you have the perfect modifications for your needs, and that people with various mobility issues can safely move about your home.